Ovum’s “On the Radar” brand is all about technology innovation, highlighting the innovative ideas, products, or business models that enable end-user organizations to create real value in their businesses. Entries for the 3rd annual “On the Radar” Awards are now open, to recognize outstanding companies for their innovative use of technology. They will be awarded after the first day of Ovum Industry Congress, on 12th May 2015.
The Awards are open to end-user enterprises, who can either nominate themselves, or can work with a project supplier to submit an entry in the following categories:
- Reshaping the IT function: Transform IT capability
- Infrastructure and applications: Modernize legacy systems
- Mobility and collaboration: Build the modern workplace
- Cybersecurity: Manage security, identity and privacy
- Cloud services: Adopting Cloud services
- Internet of things/M2M: Connect the physical world
- Analytics and Big Data: Exploit information for business advantage
- Customer experience technology: Enhance customer experience
If your organisation excels in any of the above areas, then that excellence deserves to be recognised by the IT industry. These awards are open to global organisations, not just those in the UK. If you would like the opportunity to be considered for the awards shortlist, click here to enter, with the following entry questions in mind:
- Outline the vision behind your strategy in this market sector. What was it designed to achieve?
- Strategy Details – How does the strategy operate?
- Strategy Outcome and Results – How successful has the strategy been? How has it evolved? What plans have you to modify or expand it?
Each nomination will be judged on how the end-user has utilised technology to generate significant business value. Judges will pay particular attention to the measurement program, how the organization learned to adopt the technology and the business value it delivered.
The deadline for entries is Friday 13th March 2015. There is no fee to enter, and shortlisted organisations receive two passes to the awards ceremony.
Here are the 2014 categories and winners:
Big Data and Analytics
Sacramento Municipal Utility District, for data integration and geospatial analytics for a smart grid project, in association with Space-Time Insight
Groupama, for their in-house innovative social, mobile customer service platform: granvillage
Enterprise Mobility and Productivity
Cambia Health Solutions, for their collaboration platform to drive innovation strategy, in association with SpigitEngage
Cloud and Infrastructure Transformation
Turbid Stormwater Solutions, for their IoT solution for remote management of sediment basins, in association with Xively
Security and Risk Management
Dowling, Aaron & Keyler Inc, for Information security for mobile devices in the legal profession, in association with Airwatch
Best regards, and good luck!
The Ovum Live team
*in addition, shortlisted supplier entrants can register for the full Ovum Industry Congress at a reduced rate, and end user customers can register for free