Guest post from IBM Security Systems
The line between work and personal technology continues to merge as smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices proliferate. Although mobile employees can be more productive by working anytime and anywhere, doing so means they are accessing resources from outside the traditional network perimeter. Traditional access and authentication controls are now no longer sufficient to safeguard the organisation. As cyber criminals become more sophisticated in their attack methods, so organisations need to be more diligent and proactive in protecting resources in a mobile environment. IBM has developed a portfolio of mobile security solutions that emphasize an adaptive approach to security that can help drive down costs, is secure and can keep up with today’s business climate.
The latest addition to the portfolio is IBM Security Access Manager for Mobile (ISAM for Mobile)
ISAM for Mobile protects access to enterprise resources by authenticating and authorizing mobile users and their devices. Available as either a virtual or hardware based appliance, ISAM for Mobile enables organisations to safeguard access points into the corporate network and enforce context-based access policies that define who and what can access protected resources. Highly scalable and configurable, the solution is designed to deliver a quick time to value and a lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
ISAM for Mobile provides a variety of capabilities for strengthening mobile security:
- Enables secure user access to mobile and web applications with single sign-on, session management and context-based access control.
- Improves identity assurance with flexible authentication schemes, such as one-time passwords and RSA SecurID token support ensure single sign-on is available from all access points in the network.
- Enforces context-aware authorization using device fingerprinting, geographic location awareness and IP reputation scores.
- Delivers seamless user and application security through integrations with IBM® Worklight
- Provides actionable insights for reducing risks and demonstrating compliance through integration with the IBM® QRadar® Security Intelligence Platform
For more information on ISAM for Mobile visit our web site at http://www-03.ibm.com/software/products/us/en/access-mgr-mobile
To learn more about protecting the organisation in a multi-perimeter world, come and hear Ravi Srinivasan, Director, Strategy and Product Management, IBM Security Systems, present on Threat-aware Identity and Access Management during the keynote at Ovum Identity & Access Management on 22nd October.